Tuesday, March 3, 2009

GOOD TIMES IN TEXAS

Last weekend I went down to Melissa, Texas to spend some time with Daniel, Crystal, and their kids. Such good times! Here are some highlights:


On Friday I surprised Maci at school and had lunch with her. She didn't expect to see me so she looked a little confused when I walked in, but then she was just happy and kept wanting to hug me. It was such fun eating with a table full of Kindergardeners! She introduced me to Mason, the boy she decided she wants to marry, who proceeded to chew up his hamburger and asked me to take a picture of it with his mouth open. Then Brenden rolled his eyes back in his head and told me to take a picture of his brain. They were all fixated on having their pictures taken so I took a picture of their hands. Privacy and all.


After I left Maci's school I went back to their house and Daniel and Crystal took off for Dallas to have a day sans children. I got a couple of hours of playing with just Chloe, which I loved! She is such a sweetheart and has the greatest smile, all the time. She loves music and would dance back and forth whenever it came on. The only time she cried was when she was tired and wanting her mom, but even then she was so cuddly that it totally made it worth it.


Chloe and I went out front to get McKay off the bus, and found him marching up with a green balloon. He LOVED that balloon, but I quickly found that they all did, which then led to the "Green Balloon War of 2009." Needless to say, the balloon found its way to the top of the kitchen fridge for the rest of the weekend.

After school Maci's friend, Nevaeh, came over to play. She is darling! The four of them took turns wrestling each other, playing restaurant, and showing me how to do handstands and roll on the ground. They were easily entertained by me playing 'London Bridge' with them and would crawl under me as I used my body to make a bridge. Remember how simple it was when we were that little?!
Friday night was movie night so we had a pajama party in the living room, moved all the furniture to make it look like a theater, and had ice-cream with fudge. That's right, Daniel and Crystal, we ate it in the living room - ha, ha, ha!!! Maci wanted her "puppy" to take part in it and when I came in from the kitchen with their ice-cream I found him wrapped up in his own special blanket on the couch next to her.
Daniel and Crystal came back Saturday afternoon so we spent the evening at Peter Piper Pizza and played video games with the kids. They had a "Deal or No Deal" game that was by far the favorite. That, and watching McKay swing his arm back and forth wildly as he played skeet ball. It was hilarious! I though for sure there would be injuries.

On Sunday morning I was woken up by Maci and McKay coming in to play, which was such a fun way to get up. So much better than an alarm clock!
Such a fun weekend!! I always love visiting Daniel and Crystal and am hoping (fingers crossed) that they will be closer one day so I can visit them more often. But next time with my dog. I'm pretty sure the kids would rather have had my dog come than me. At least that's the idea I got when Maci gave me a handful of change as I was getting ready to go and told me to buy him a ticket next time. I love being an aunt!

5 comments:

Liesel said...

Wow! You defnitley win the world's best aunt award!!! Anytime you want to cme to Mexico and play with Maile you are welcome. LOL

Stephanie said...

You're Amazing!! Can you be my Aunt too!!! lol!

Misty said...

This was such a cute post!! Who watched Jack while you were gone??

Heidi said...

I love your hair, Megann! You're so welcome to come to VA anytime. We even have a backyard for Jack to run around. I miss you!

Karissa said...

Nice collages! I'm glad you're as excited about Picasa as I am... It's so fun eh? Of course you're much more creative than I am. My blog: white. My collage borders: white. :-)