Friday, February 27, 2009

MUCHA LUCHA

I feel a little bit out of the cartoon "loop." This afternoon there was some down town between my nephew and niece getting home from school, and dinner being made, so I figured we'd see what the cartoon networks had to offer while they ate their snack. Sponge Bob Square Pants was on (One of my favorites, mind you. He's a sponge that lives in a pineapple under the sea! Genius!) but I know Crystal's not a huge fan, so no Sponge Bob. As the FAVORITE AUNT it's important that house rules be followed, even when mom and dad are out of town. Never mind that the dinner vegetables were replaced with ice-cream. Meanwhile, I turned to a cartoon called "Mucha Lucha" and McKay was pretty pumped. I've never heard of it, but it appears to be the cartoon spin-off of Nacho Libre, and all of the characters wear wrestling outfits. Loved it! Today's lesson was on what happens when you steal things from your friends. The best part were the accents, the visits from donut yielding Lucha Saints, and the occassional Spanish words thrown in for dramatic content. Seriously! Where were these cartoons when I was growing up?! What happened to the smurfs, ninja turtles, g.i. joe's, and care bears? Cartoons have been taken to a whole new level, folks. Good thing or bad thing? I can't decide......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorites. But I haven't seen it forever. It is hilarious. Anything with wrestling masks makes me laugh.

Misty said...

HAHA! Megann I just laughed at loud at your desciption of Sponge Bob. You're so funny!