Tuesday, March 17, 2009

EMERALD ISLE

Two years ago today I was hanging out in Ireland, soaking in an official "St. Patrick's Day." As a tribute to today's holiday I thought I would share some of my favorite memories:The scenery really is as picturesque as you would imagine. I was amazed at how bright green the colors were and the miles and miles of stone walls. Throw in the herds of lambs and you've got yourself a postcard!
Blood sausages for breakfast? I think not! But yes, I will have more of that delightful corned beef and cabbage, please!
Ireland was full of bright colors....houses, building, doors. Everywhere you looked, the gray of the sky was driven away by the colors standing out. I'd like to give a special shout out to those who made the journey to the top of Blarney castle and kissed the stone (Charla, Dianne, Lacey, and myself - such troopers), Michael the singing bus driver, and that guy with the comb-over who reminded us daily that this was he and his wife's third time taking the tour. Here's to you.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great memories, Meggs! That trip was fantastic! Thanks for posting this. So...where are we going next?! ;-)