Saturday, March 14, 2009

MUST...THINK...POSITIVE

This week was pretty craptacular, and having today off didn't do much to improve my mood state, so I decided it was time to focus on things this week that made me HAPPY rather than dwelling on how much I just want to crawl into a hole sometimes:
#1: Spring has arrived: The weather this week was fantastic and with the time change I found myself looking forward to the couple of hours after work when it was still warm and the sun was up. There is something about seeing dozens of people outside walking their dogs, riding bikes, fishing at the lakes, and running, that just makes me feel excited to be outside. People are friendlier, the air seems cleaner, and everyone in general is a lot happier once we hit the 70's.
#2: Dog Parks: I usually take Jack to the dog park or on a walk every day, but mostly the dog park just because it makes so much more sense. There are the regulars who you see every day, and then the seasonal owners who come out when the weather gets really good. Today when we went there were at least 20 little dogs there, running and chasing each other up and down the fence. Jack doesn't really like people, despite my best attempts to change that, but he LOVES being around dogs. He gets so excited that sometimes he doesn't even realize that I'm there, until all of a sudden he will stop running, look around to locate me, and then start at it again. Whoever came up with the idea of fencing in large spaces of trees, grass, and benches, and then putting water fountains on the ground and calling it a park for just dogs - good job!
#3: Coca Cola Zero: I've been a big fan of Diet Coke since moving down to Vegas and living with Danielle, and now I don't even enjoy drinking regular pop, except for A&W root beer that you get at the restaurant (it's phenomenal). When they came out with Coca Cola Zero it didn't really make sense to me since they already had Diet Coke, but I'm finding that it's fantastic! It doesn't leave the after taste in your mouth that you find with other diet drinks, and it is suprisingly similar to the original coke, but without the sugary taste. Good job, Coca Cola!
#4: Mucinex D: With this time of year comes allergies, and since moving to Vegas I've discovered that when the flowers on certain trees come out, so does this magical little box. A couple of months ago I ended up with a 3 week sinus infection, so when I could feel it starting up again on Tuesday I went into attack mode. Two days of sleeping and consistently taking Mucinex D, eating Chicken Noodle Soup, and drinking Orange Juice, and that was a wrap! By Thursday I was back at work and feeling fantastic! I am it's greatest advocate! #5: UBS: I gave blood this week. Some people might look at that as a selfless deed, but I'm embarrassed to admit that my initial motivation was the fact that they gave you two, all day passes to Adventuredome at Circus, Circus. The best part about it was that Karissa, a good friend of mine, went at the same time so we were able to spend the afternoon talking, eating free snacks and juice, and laughing about Anthony, the not-so-pleasant worker that kept talking to himself and didn't even notice when Karissa went from pale, to sheet white, and almost passed out. Come on, Anthony! Wake up! What goes around comes around, and at United Blood Services it comes back to you tenfold. I look forward to my blood saving someone truly spectacular one day.

3 comments:

Liesel said...

I love that you are always finding things to be greatful for. I'll say "Amen" to the dog parks. But, do tell...why such a crappy week? Your friends want to help.

Unknown said...

I have had a crap week as well. Maybe I need to go lay out in the sun at the dog park.

The Dean Family said...

i agree...a&w root beer at the restaurant is FANTASTIC!...i haven't had one of those in years!