Saturday, June 26, 2010

THINGS I'M DISCOVERING

1. Dusting when you live in a desert is pointless
2. Jack the Dog loves spaghetti
3. I'm not meant to be in a job where I drive around all day...which, ironically, I'm in
4. Disneyland is magical for adults too
5. Aleve works significantly better than Extra Strength Tylenol
6. There are always good movies on the Hallmark Channel
7. Thinking you've let go of things isn't the same as actually letting go of them
8. Most movies can be seen for free by going to tvshack.net
9. Birthdays become increasingly difficult when your personal life doesn't change that much
10. Ceiling fans are lifesavers
11. If you don't pull weeds they eventually grow to the size of a small bush....landscaping :)
12. If I don't prepare my lunch the night before it doesn't get done
13. Celine Dion is my all time, favorite singer
14. No matter how old I am, I still find myself getting homesick
15. Financial worries can become consuming if you allow them to
16. Every once in a while a Diet Coke really DOES make everything better

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What is it about driving around all day that you don't like? I can imagine a few things, but I'm curious...

You are just NOW discovering that Celine is your #1? :) Not so sure, I think you've always known that one.

Unknown said...

So profound and so true.
You are growing up and it scares me. Let's go get jobs at Disneyland. Do you think it's as fun everyday? It has to be. I could be someone tall and you could be a princess or the tour guide on the jungle safari. That would be so much fun.

amydear said...

Amen to the Diet Coke. Although I have to contain myself and just have one a week. And I have some fond Celine memories from college, but haven't listened to her lately. Maybe I should. I'm interested to see how you did on your list of things to do before your 33rd birthday. I hope you update us!