Saturday, April 24, 2010

950 MILES TO GO

I've been surprisingly consistent with my '1000 miles in a year' goal and as of today I've knocked off 50 miles so far (I started April 1st). It doesn't seem like a lot but the goal was to start slow and build from there. I've experienced sore shins, blisters, aching muscles, and a variety of other aches and pains. However, I've also experienced tiny bits of progress, like yesterday when I was able to run for 5 minutes without stopping, which is a HUGE change from the 1-2 minute intervals at the beginning. Slow and steady wins the race.

Anyhow, if you have any advice, experiences, or recommendations, PLEASE share!! I love learning from others and have gotten some great advice I've implemented (except for the random toe shoe thing that Roberto suggested - I just can't do it). You can follow at:
http://www.1000milesorbust.blogspot.com/. Happy (hopefully) running!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

One thing I've learned in my 2 month of training--- I love running with someone---I seem to run faster and better and longer---When I'm alone it is easier to say I'm tired and walk---so if you can find a running buddy maybe it will help the 1000 miles go by faster. If I lived closer I would totally do it with you!!!