Friday, January 15, 2010

THINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE

Last night when I was upstairs cleaning my room the fire alarms in the house started to go off. There was some cooking going on downstairs so I didn't think much of it, but after a few minutes I could smell smoke. When I went into the kitchen I was met with a thin, white haze and when the oven was opened, there was a wall (my dramatic embellishment) of flame coming out of the top. I immediately found myself going through the following thought process:
1. There are flames in a gas stove.....GAS stove!

2. What happens if it starts something else on fire?

3. I seriously can't afford to buy a stove right now!
4. Where the h... is the fire extinguisher I put in the closet?!?!?!?!
Needless to say it was quickly taken care of, but I had one of those moments where I realized how much better it is when you're renting and not as responsible for things that take place. Sigh. Now we just need to febreeze the house :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

thank goodness it was not worse!! and that you did find the fire extinguisher!!!! : )

Megann said...

I never did find that stupid extinguisher! My roommate pulled out the spray nozzle from the sink and took care of it that way - ha, ha!!

Heidi said...

I'm glad you're safe. When we had a gas oven/stove I was constantly worried about that very thing!