Thursday, December 31, 2009

TOP NINE OF NINE

#1: Christmas in Wyoming: All 10 of us made it back home to Wyoming for some Christmas festivities. It's not very often that the entire family is together, so I look forward to those special occassions when it happens. There was sledding, presents, homemade ice-cream, movies, games, karaoke, bedtime stories...all sorts of good stuff. #2: Southern Adventures: In May I went with my friends Calvin, Karissa, and Wayne on a trip to North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. It was a whirlwind trip and we went nonstop for a week. There were plantations, beaches, rainstorms, lighthouses, alligators, kayaking, historical sights, restaurants, and anything else you can imagine. It was a fantastic trip!!!#3: Kindle: In June I gave in and purchased a Kindle. It has opened a whole new world of reading for me and has rekindled (ha, ha) my passion for books. #4: San Diego with Charla: Me and Larcha spent the weekend at a Spa right next to the ocean in February. Needless to say, we're going to make San Diego a yearly tradition!#5: Lake Tahoe: Four of us from work spent a few days in Lake Tahoe this past August for an Awards ceremony. If you're going to be 'working,' you might as well be doing it next to a beautiful lake. Congratulations Dormisha and Suzy!!
#6: My new Casita: I finally (after years of contemplating and many months of looking) bought a home in November. It's a fantastic investment and I love coming home to it every night. Hooray for moving out of the ghetto!
#7: Katie's Wedding: My good friend, Katie Mathis (now Sillman) was married in July. I love watching good friends find someone that make them happy....and I love that the four of us were all together for it. Two weeks before her wedding the four of us went to California for a final girls weekend.
#8: Melissa, Texas: In March I flew down to Texas to spend some quality time with my nieces and nephew while my brother and his wife went to Dallas. I love being an aunt!
#9: Wicked: In September my friend, Wayne, and I went to San Francisco to do some sight-seeing and to see the musical 'Wicked.' It was AWESOME! I wish I lived closer so I could watch it again and again. Wayne is a great traveling buddy and the weekend was filled with all sorts of random adventures!
So there you have it - Some of my 2009 highlights. There were other travels and experiences, but it just seems inappropriate to list more than nine :) I'm ANXIOUSLY looking forward to a new year and all of the adventures that will accompany it!! Bring it on, 2010!!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

Hooray for a new round of adventures! Here's to many great Adventures for you! I am glad that we can reconnect and catch up through the internet! Happy NEW Year!

amydear said...

I want to go on a Megann adventure. Can we arrange that?