Sunday, November 30, 2008

SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE

I received one of those forward emails from a friend, that supposedly contains the insight from the Dalai Lama for the year 2008. I don't necessarily believe that part, but I liked the simple meaningfulness of it, so I wanted to share them:

1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve risk
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson
3. Follow the 3 R's: Respect for Self, Respect for Others, Responsibility for your actions
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of marvelous luck
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly (seriously - the Dalai Lama did NOT say this)
6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great relationship
7. When you realize you've made a mistake take immediate steps to correct it
8. Spend some time alone every day
9. Open your arms to change but don't let go of your values
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer
11. Live a good honorable life. Then when you get older you'll be able to look back and enjoy it a second time
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is a foundation for your life
13. In disagreements with loved ones live in the current situation - Don't bring up the past
14. Share your knowledge - it is a way to achieve immortality
15. Be gentle with the earth
16. Once a year go some place you've never been
17. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other exceeds your need for each other
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon
20. Get a dog (just kidding!!! that was Megann's advice)

So the email says if I send this to more than 15 people that my life will change drastically and everything I've ever dreamed of will begin to take shape. I sure hope 15 people read this! I could really stand my dreams beginning to take shape!!!!!

1 comment:

amydear said...

You've got that traveling thing down. But have you ever been to Oregon? : ) I hope your dreams come true.