Sunday, November 2, 2008

BACK FOR MORE

The Bull Riding World Finals are in Vegas this week, and trust me when I tell you that it is good, good times!! There is nothing like the heart pounding feeling of wanting that ruggedly attractive cowboy to reach his eight seconds and then make it out of there without being the victim to the angry bull he's riding. It's phenomenal! So I found myself looking forward to the end of the ride, you know, the part where the cowboy is thrown off and the bull looks around, angry at the world for what he's just had to endure in front of thousands. I found out that there are 3 kinds of bulls. The ones that indifferently run back to their pens, the ones that run around kicking up dirt before heading back to their safe haven, and then the final ones that I like the best. The bulls that run around angry, head towards the pens, and then turn around and let the world know they're not done yet. Those are the ones that take a moment to realize what has happened, and want to put in their 2 cents before calling it good. There's that moment of confusion where the clowns realized that the action hasn't passed, and then you see a wall of bodies jump up onto the gates to avoid the aftermath. It's fantastic. I say good for you, little bull! I saw what they just put you through and if you want to raise a fuss - you raise a fuss!


I'd like to think that I'm like the first bull - the one that doesn't want to deal with it and goes on their way, or even the second one who kicks at the dirt and then realizes it's over. In my heart of hearts I truly want to be them. Still, I'm afraid to admit that I think I have little bit of the third bull in me. I think I go back to the gate, realize that I'm not done, and go back to let it all out! It might not be the greatest approachi, but in the long run I feel that the 3rd bull has the greatest advantage of getting all of those pent up frustrations out. Besides, it doesn't last forever. Just like the other bulls, when all is said and done, he still goes back to his pen! However, he goes back knowing that he has said his peace. Here's to the bull........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To the bull!!

Unknown said...

To the bull. I think you should be proud to be the charging bull but without all that snot and spit. Get out there and kick up some dirt and annoying rodeo clowns.