Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SAFETY

Feeling safe has always been a big thing for me. Even if I KNOW I'm safe, I want to make sure I feel like I'm safe. So I was thrilled when they came over the weekend and installed a security system in my home. Any entry into my house is safeguarded, and the thought of being alone at night is less daunting. It's been a good thing.
So the following Monday I came to work with the assurance that there would be less to worry about when I'm not home. It was a short-lived victory. Two hours later I went into my desk and found my wallet missing from my purse. All of my money, checkbook, IDs, Credit and Debit cards, gift cards, contact information....everything was gone. Right out of my office, which would require that the individual go behind my desk, open my drawers, lift if out of the place where it's hidden, and take it out of my purse. Really?! It's like one step forward and two steps back ;) Sigh.......

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"It's like one step forward and two steps back. We come together together 'cause opposites attract. And you know...(sing out the rest)"

I am so sorry to hear about your recent burglary at work, but I am happy that Paula Abdul's songs still live on in heart.

Unknown said...

That is outrageous! So sorry Megs.

Aunt Caryl said...

That is so scary! I had my identity stolen years ago. I signed up for credit fraud protection. Best $14 i spend each month. Protects up to 1 million dollars and your credit is protected. Then remember your from Wyoming and get a gun :) luvya kid