Monday, February 7, 2011

SICK OF SICK

These last two week have turned me into a cleaning fiend. And not in a good way. At work we've been quarantined because of a nasty flu, so it's been all day long cleaning and disinfecting. Then I go home to a roommate with tonsillitis and another mystery infection that almost landed her in the hospital. Normally I would hope that I don't get sick, and maintain my distance, but in less than a week I'm in Central America sharing hotel rooms and a van with 5 other people. The stomach flu and tonsillitis are not on my travel agenda. So it's been almost two weeks of constant washing, disinfecting...and then washing and disinfecting. It's turned me grumpy and I hate it when I feel grumpy! Yesterday I started getting a sore throat and little white pockets appeared on the back of my throat. Tonsillitis....maybe. Strep Throat.....perhaps. I'm not taking my chances though. Tomorrow I'm starting on a 10 day round of antibiotics. I'm officially sick of the sick!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If those antibiotics don't work, I have found that a good clorox wipe on the back of the throat does wonders for me.

Fer reals, pomergranite juice cured me of a winter illnes. Maybe that would help.