Thursday, December 30, 2010

TOP 10 OF 10

It's time for the annual update of my year. I love my updates! Really, I just love going back and remembering my experiences! Fortunately the years are going up because I feel blessed with a life full of fun adventures and experiences, and it was hard to choose only 10 of them. Drum roll.....and here they are.....

In March I went to San Diego with Charla for our annual California trip. It had been years since I'd been to Sea World or Old Town, so it was good, good times! Except for the time when the seagull swooped down and stole the churro out of Charla's hand. That was sort of freaky!

In April mom and I went up to Portland to visit Kimberly and it just so happened that we were there during the tulip festival. I LOVE tulips. They're my favorite flower. So imagine how thrilled I was to be able to see thousands of them in every color available. I love it!

May brought a lot of new things. A new job...a new car...and a new appreciation for light colored interior!! After 3 weeks of driving around all day in my black car, with black leather interior, in the heat of the Vegas sun, I was done. My car was payed off so I traded it in for a new one. Sweet relief! I'm very happy with my new one and haven't had a single regret :)

In June the Wilkerson girls (minus Chloe) met up and went to Disneyland as a surprise for Maci for her 7th birthday. It was AWESOME!!! I'd never been to Disneyland and discovered that it really is the happiest place on earth!!! I'm excited to go back again one day!

Another first....in July Wayne and I went to Hawaii for 10 days and experienced pretty much anything Hawaii has to offer. We stayed with my friend, Gayle, so the days were full of fun and adventures and at night we went to movies, sang karaoke, went out to dinners with her, and just relaxed. It was quite possibly in my list of top 5 vacations. I might even put it in the top 3. It was a lot of fun!

In August we met up at our cabin outside of Yellowstone and enjoyed some free time. We went into Yellowstone, played games, hiked around the mountains, and enjoyed being together with the entire family. It doesn't happen very often, so when we're all together it's very much appreciated!!

For over a year Calvin and Karissa have been living in California and I'd never been to visit. In September I went and discovered it's not that far after all! So a few weeks later me and Wayne went up there for a food festival in LA, only to discover that it had been cancelled. What followed was a day FULL of unexpected adventures and discoveries (like how incredible Rosa Mexicana is during lunch). Seriously. Such a fun day!

I've always enjoyed Veteran's Day, and have especially grown a special appreciation after working with the elderly. This year at our nursing home we decided to design, build, and sponsor a float for the Veteran's Day parade. It was a TON of work and lots of manpower, but it was incredible. There's nothing like seeing the joy on a Veteran's face when they are congratulated and given thanks for their service. Such a special experience!

Since 1998 Andrea Bocelli's concert has been on my bucket list, so when I found out he was coming for a CHRISTMAS concert this year, I was ecstatic!!! My friend, Joy, and I went together and I'm not embarrassed to admit that I cried...actually cried....at the end as he was singing Nessum Dorma. There's nothing better than Christmas, but Christmas with Andrea Bocelli - fantastic!!

Holiday: I have to put these two together because both trips were worth mentioning!! For Thanksgiving the Bagley bunch invited me along with their group in California. It was memorable. Seriously memorable! Then for Christmas I went back to Wyoming and hung out with Benjamin and my parents. It was a great combination of relaxing, playing, and soaking in Christmas!! I won't go into detail about both of them, but just will mention that my experiences during the holidays made me enjoy the holidays that much more :)

And that was my 2010! It was a year full of some pretty great things, mixed in with some experiences that my Heavenly Father knew I needed. As I look back I realize how BLESSED I really am. With friends, and protection, and family, and understanding. I love my life....I'm not going to lie. But I think the key is to love your life, no matter what situation you find your life in. So I'm going to just keep loving it! Happy New Year to any of you reading this...and thank you for being a part of me :)

2 comments:

amydear said...

Of course you love your life! You make it so exciting and fun. If you come to Portland this year let me know. I will drive up to see you.

Amy K said...

Happy New Year, Meggs! So fun to see how your year has been. Miss you!!