Tuesday, February 3, 2009

DOROTHY AND TOTO

So I've been going to the gym at 5:00 in the morning for the past few weeks as part of my "training" for the Sprint Triathalon coming up in May. Fingers crossed! Anyhow, after a few weeks of early mornings, congruent with a week of late nights at work because of our state survey, I have started to feel spent. This morning there was NO WAY I was dragging myself out of bed to go sit on a stationary bike. As luck would have it, I was all the way caught up at work this morning so I decided to take the afternoon off to make up for my abundant amount of accumulating over-time. Since the weather has been phenomenal this past month I decided to go on a bike ride outside. Jack the Dog had spent most of the day sleeping under my desk, so I strapped his little basket to my bike (only a girl could get away with it and even then it looks a little gay) and took him along. What a sport! He sat facing forward, his ears flapping back in the wind, looking half dog/half bat. The whole thing was good times until I was between mile 4 and 5, and I realized that my front tire was almost all the way flat. Awesome!! Riding a bike with a six pound dog, a five pound basket, and only one good tire is fabulous! One more day of training completed AND I didn't even have to take Jack out for a walk. Apparently sitting in a basket with the wind blowing in your face is also quite a chore. Within 5 minutes of getting home he was out. Whatever works!!!

5 comments:

amydear said...

Look at how cute and thin you look on your bike with Jack. I love his smile. Do you take him to work with you? Get that tire fixed so you can go on more rides! I'll bet they make doggie helmets.

Unknown said...

Wow Meggie that is a great story. I am so impressed you are doing a tri they are super fun to train for.

And yes you do look super fit.

The Dean Family said...

you are so funny! i love your curly hair! & your dog is so cute!

Liesel said...

Hi wow i can not believe how good you look. me and liesel are going to try to do a tri you soul come to rocky point to do it whit us in october. congrats.
David do you know me?

Misty said...

Oh man!! You have inspired me in so many ways!! You are waking up early to train... you are bff's with your dog... and you blog regularly. I have a lot to learn from you!