Monday, December 8, 2008

THAT DUMB DOG!


Even though Jack the Dog is pretty darn cute sometimes, reality sets in when he does something that just DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!! Here is my list of the top 5 reasons that every once in a while I wish I had bought a turtle:

1. Licking: I don't mind it when he licks my fingers or even tries to lick my nose, but he has this instinct to lick me right on the lips when he sees me vulnerable. Sick, dog! I just watched you clean yourself with that tongue!
2. Chewing: Jack is fixated with chewing on my shoes. It drives me nuts. I've gone through 3 pairs of flip-flops and I bought the cutest pair of brown shoes this past weekend that he got ahold of and chewed off the button on the side. Dang you, dog!
3. Barking: He has this new thing where he barks when he's startled, or trying to get my attention, or someone comes to the door. No bark!
4. Housebreaking: I've decided that having an inside dog would be better if they could be trained to use the toilet. As winter gets closer I almost want to cut off his water supply to limit the amount of times he needs me to take him outside. Hee, hee!
5. Humping: He's been neutered but I guess it didn't work. Enough said!

Despite everything, I still have five times as many reasons to LOVE Jack the Dog than I do to want to give him away as someone's Christmas present! I just need to focus on those as I sit here, typing this blog, watching him try to eat the pinecone off of my Christmas tree. Dumb dog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture you posted of Jack the Dog is so cute!! They are a pain sometimes, but the bad stuff is ALWAYS outweighed by the good stuff. But I think I will get a girl dog when I get one. :)

Unknown said...

And that it why I will never own a dog. Thank you for the reminder.