Monday, March 15, 2010

NEW JOB

I've worked in the same job for almost 6 years now, and I've loved my time there. Still, I know the itch for change has come and I'm not fighting it anymore. My last day at my current job is going to be April 7th and then on April 12th I begin as a social worker for Creekside Hospice. A lot of people have asked why I would want to do something like hospice, and isn't it depressing? I don't know why but I've always wanted to be a part of it. After I graduated from college it was added to my list of things to do before I die. I think it's because providing comfort to others allows me to feel the Spirit, and specifically when dealing with death, it reminds me how precious life really is. I'm excited for this change, and nervous, and a little sad to let go of the past, but mainly I'm just grateful that I'm going to be working in another area that I know I'm going to love. Three cheers for Social Work!!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Good for you! It takes a very special person to work in the delicate areas of social work. I'm glad there are people like you in the world!

Misty said...

I'm so excited for you!! Thanks for hiring me that one day in October back in 2006! It's been such a wonderful experience! You'll be a fantastic hospice social worker. Good luck!

Stephanie said...

You will be perfect for this!!! I wish we would have had someone like you when my grandma died! you will be able to bring a lot of peace to people and their families!!! ; )

Unknown said...

This is a noble calling. I admire you greatly for it, but promise you won't get so serious and heavy minded.
I am thinking by incorporating some things you learned at the Seal and Otter might help out a lot. Jack could play the part of the seal and otter. Hilarity would ensue, and your patients would feel so much better because laughter is the best medicine. And i love seeing you in a wet suit.

Aunt Caryl said...

change is good. im so proud of all that you do and all that you are!