Tuesday, March 16, 2010

ROOT CANAL

I've had horrible experiences at the dentist before, and I'm not afraid to admit that I intentionally avoid going. I once waited almost 4 years before I went in for a check-up. So you can imagine how EAGER I was to find excuses to not get a root canal taken care of. The excuses lasted as long as the Tylenol took care of the pain, but these last few weeks have been rough. So today was the day. Special thanks to Dr. R for understanding when I let out a yelp of pain during the shots (just like the 7 year old in the stall next to me did). And kuddos to his little helper for being so quick to retract her instruments when I would gag. I wish I wasn't such a sissy, but last time I went to the dentist actual tears were rolling down my face, so it's fair to say I am getting better with time. Baby steps, Megann. Baby steps!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

you know there is sleep dentistry!! That's the only way my sister will go!! lol

amydear said...

I waited two years and will never do that again. So much scraping! I'm proud of you for being so brave. Really, I am.

Heidi said...

I'm so there with you. I'm so scared to go the dentist. I almost always have painful experiences. My childhood dentist would actually get mad at me for flinching or yelping. I say "Bring on the gas!"