Monday, January 26, 2009

MOVIE vs BOOK

I loved the book "Marley and Me" and have actually read it several times, so when the movie came out I was REAL excited to see it on a screen. I'm usually not disappointed in book-to-movie transitions (Harry Potter, Memoirs of a Geisha, etc) but found myself sort of wanting more from this one. Maybe it's because the book was so well written and the movie was missing the emotions that came with it. Maybe I wanted all of the details included just as they were written. Still, if you saw the movie and found yourself wanting a dog (or not wanting a dog but just enjoying it regardless) then you should definitely invest in the book. So many more laughs, and unfortunately, a few more tears. Sometimes the movie you create in your head is better, and this is a movie I'll read over and over!

4 comments:

amydear said...

What if you're totally not a dog person? Would you still like the book? I am not a dog person. I admit it. But I still think Jack is so cute! And I would get a little terrier if I were to get a dog.

Megann said...

Even those who are not dog people would enjoy the book. The author is a journalist, and adds such color to his writings. I loved it! As a side note, sometimes being a dog person is a learned characteristic. I wasn't necessarily a dog person until someone I knew got a dog that I LOVED!! I even used to take him to work with me. A couple of months of walks and dog parks, and you're hooked!!

Liesel said...

sooooooooooo vook. I always think the book is better, but the latest confirmation was twightlight. I mean, my imagined Edward was so much better than what the movie could offer. I'm going to have to pick up that book. I've been wanting a new good one.

Unknown said...

I just got the book and I am excited to read it. I look books about people and their dogs.