Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BACK ON BOARD WITH THE PONY

I've decided that on some weird level, my hair is connected to my enthusiasm for working out. I know, I know - so dumb! Still, it annoyed me when my short, stacked haircut started to grow out and I couldn't pull it off of my neck when I would exercise. I was envious of those girls who's perfectly pulled back pony tails would swing back and forth when they were running, like unto the people on commercials for Adidas and Nike. It's true what they say though - time heals everything! This morning when I went to the gym I was DETERMINED to have a pony tail. Never mind the bobby pins and hair falling out in all directions. There I was, running on that treadmill, sporting my two inch pony. Fantastic! It's back!!


3 comments:

amydear said...

I hear ya, sistah! I'm growing my hair out too, just for the ponytail. It's so dang convenient. I have a few of the Goody Stay Put hairbands I put on after the ponytail so I don't have as many stray hairs. Keeps my hair back while running! I'll think of you next time I'm on the treadmill, which will be tomorrow.

Liesel said...

I'm having the same problem, although I don't know that I can tie my excuse for not running to that. :) Anywyas, have you tried the double low piggies? That seems to stay a little better for me.

Unknown said...

I know, I am having the same problem. Getting my hair into a pony tail is so difficult. I am so exhausted after I do my hair that I have to take a nap and never really make it to the gym.

Slap on cap sister!