Sunday, October 12, 2008

JUST A LITTLE REMINDER

i sometimes feel like i spend so much time sorting things out in my own personal life, that i forget the comfort that comes in knowing that there is a greater force at work than my own will. this weekend was our stake conference and i felt like the majority of what was spoken was directed towards me - although i'm sure most people would say the same :-) there were words of encouragement, words of reassurance, but more importantly words reminding me of what is most important in my life. our stake president gave a talk on how satan is leading away the hearts of people to justify the areas of gray in our lives. it has been true in the past and it is even truer now that some gospel truths are black or white. you can either choose to follow or you can choose not to. it's as simple as that. we all are given our free agency and the ability to choose how we want to live our lives, but the reality of it is that certain choices lead in certain directions. i can only imagine the heartaches i would encounter and the trials i would unnecessarily go through if i had to do things on my own, and without the guidance of my Heavenly Father. the gospel provides the tools and resources that allow me to see where my choices will lead, and for that i am grateful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen sister. So grateful for the gospel and all that it provides for us. I hope you are doing ok.