Monday, October 13, 2008

SO, SO CLOSE


Today as I was driving i had my stereo set on a mix of everything that's on my ipod. One minute i'm listening to Coldplay and the next minute it's Alma, Chapter 7. I love the rotating capabilities! Meanwhile, i'm cruising along, wishing the wind would stop and that it would warm back up to a manageable temperature, and all of a sudden Josh Groban's Christmas song "Believe" came up. I was hit with this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia and for a moment it really felt like I was back home, getting excited for Christmas and hanging with the family. It only lasted a split second and then it hit me that i was really just sitting at the stoplight, not wanting to go back to work after my lunch break. Bless you, Josh Groban for taking me to that place for just a moment. It was short lived but it's effects resulted in me buying hot chocolate at dinner! Can't wait for the holidays.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I've been on the Polar Express, if you will, for the past week or so! Welcome aboard! I'm so excited for the holidays, and I LOVE that Josh Groban song. I'm not even upset that there are Christmas things in the stores already!

amydear said...

Ooh, I'm getting excited! Our first Christmas in our OWN house. I'm going to go NUTS on music and decorations.

The Dean Family said...

i'm with ya there! love this time of year! that's why i drink hot coco all year long:) even when it's 90 degress outside:)