Friday, June 17, 2011

CHALLENGE

Last week our Bishop issued the challenge to our ward to all read the Book of Mormon before the end of the year. We could do it as families, or as individuals, whichever way we decided we wanted to do it. It's only been a week, but I've already had multiple conversations with people who have been experiencing the effects of it. I love that no matter how many times you read the Book of Mormon, you can always experience the peace and power that comes from it. The excitement of knowing it was written by prophets who saw our day. In February I was in Guatemala and saw numerous sites that Church Historians have indicated were sites from the Book of Mormon. The City of Nephi, the Waters of Mormon, even just the wilderness that they walked through. I'm imagining it as I read and it's making it become more real to me. It's making me appreciate even more the sacrifices that were made to keep the plates, and to travel with them, and to preserve them for us. For me. Tomorrow the Young Women are coming over to my house to read. We're going to read for an hour, have lunch, and then spread out and read for another hour. What a great way to spend a Saturday morning, and what a great blessing to be able to bring the Spirit of the Book of Mormon into my home. If only weight loss challenges were this enjoyable......

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I think I'll join you in the challenge!!! : )