Thursday, June 16, 2011

CH-CH-CH-CHANGES

It's been a while since I posted anything. Partly because I've been incredibly busy with some aspects of my life, and partly because I haven't felt like there was much to 'talk' about in my life. It's been almost 3 months so I'll do a quick recap of some changes in a nutshell:

1. New job: I'm still working at the same company as before, but my title now is 'Director of Human Resources.' I'm putting Social Work aside for a while (yippee) and focusing on something different. I started it a couple of months ago and so far I LOVE it!!! I enjoy being able to interact with all of the staff, I like that everything still feels familiar, regardless of how different it is, and I like having a window and private office again. I don't have much time to look out my window, but I like that it's there :)
2. New kind of house: Not a literal new house, but for the first time EVER I am living alone. I know it makes me sound sort of ridiculous saying that, but I like being around people and not having a roommate right now is a HUGE step for me. On the upside, I now have guest bedrooms and a whole slew of new appliances, so if you're ever this way, come by and stay for a bit. Seriously. I'm starting to talk to Jack like he's an actual person.
3. New attitude: Hahaha! Just kidding! But I like to think that I'm trying to stay positive about the little things that life throws my way. I feel like I went through a bit of a slump a couple of months ago and was feeling pretty frustrated with life in general. It didn't take long for me to realize that me feeling down wasn't changing the reality of the situation, so I implemented some goals for myself. It's been awesome and I feel like I'm on the upswing. I'm a big fan of re-evaluation, and it was a good time to do that.
4. New favorite show: NCIS. I'm a bit obsessed with this show right now, and thanks to Netflix I'm going to spend my summer watching all of the episodes from the beginning. Kudos to my old roommate, Melissa, for putting up with hours and hours of episodes when I first discovered it in March. It's fantastic!
5. New favorite food: Vegetable meatloaf!!! Don't wrinkle your nose at this because I found a recipe for meatloaf you make out of ground turkey and oodles of vegetables. It freezes easy, and is delicious!! I literally have been eating it four and five times a week for over a month now and still look forward to it. Yummy!
6. New computer: This was inevitable because my other one shorted out. I still haven't had a chance to touch base with the 'Geek Squad' to see if my information can be salvaged, but I sure am hoping I can save even some of my information. Note to self: Always do a backup!!!

So that's my life right now! Nothing hugely significant, but lots of little things going on. I feel like my life is similar to the picture I posted with this. Lots of awesome scenery and things to be appreciative of, and a road that I find myself on with bends and turns, and the inability to see around the corner. But it's a BEAUTIFUL road and I'm excited to see what lies beyond the tree. Life is good!

No comments: