Thursday, January 27, 2011

CENTRAL AMERICA OR BUST

In just over 2 weeks I'll be in Guatemala climbing to the top of this:
It's called Pacaya Volcano and it's currently active!! You can hike right up to the lava flow and take pictures! Considering how much activity these legs have had in the last 3 months, I'm also stocking up on a lot of this:
We're heading up north and taking some time for climbing around the ruins here. You get to see monkeys, which I'm really excited about, and possibly snakes, which I'm really NOT excited about:
And before we come home we're stopping off at Semuc Chempney to float through caves and play in these natural lagoons in the middle of the jungle:
I'm pretty excited at the though of going to Belize to see this:
And I can't wait to spend a day at Lake Atitlan and kayaking on this:
It's going to be 10 days of memorable adventures, sore muscles, incredible views, and oodles of pictures. Hoping to make it back in one piece....that's the goal :)

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks like tons of fun!

amydear said...

Wow. I've never been anywhere cool like that. You are awesome.

Heidi said...

I am SO JEALOUS!! I took a Maya culture class at BYU and have been dying to go to Tikal ever since!

Unknown said...

I know you are going to want to bring some lava home with you Megan. But don't touch it because it's hot. Really hot.

In a an unrelated topic I ran into Penny Sutton yesterday at the Costco. Bless her, she is good people.

Shannon said...

HOW FUN!!! I can't wait to hear about your adventures there.