Tuesday, November 30, 2010

TUESDAY'S THOUGHTS

1. Footed pajamas should be more readily available for those adults who don't enjoy cold ankles at night. The socks keep my feet warm and the pants keep my legs warm, but that little space where the pants ride up and the socks slouch down is really suffering. I could really use a good pair of footed pajamas.

2. Jack the Dog is unusually fluffy and bear-like today. I know the world is full of people who are indifferent towards dogs (and I used to be one of them) but I'm pretty sure that given a chance, Jack would really grow on them. He's just like that.

3. The Lord really knows what I need in my life. Just when I've determined that he was NOT a part of the process of calling me to be a Young Women's President, he reminds me through others that he, indeed, wants me there. It's reassuring.

4. I love Christmas. LOVE it! There's something about wrapping 200+ gifts and imagining people opening them, that makes me want the holiday spirit around all the time. I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at Christmas trees or getting whiffs of cinammon-scented pine cones. They're delightful.

5. I'm grateful for friends. I've always been that way, but the older I get the more I realize how significant they are to me. Close friends, work friends, home friends, church friends, traveling friends, college friends, mission friends - all of them. They helped me become who I am and they make me so grateful for the life I've been given. How unfortunate to not feel like you have someone you can be yourself around. I would hope I never have to experience that.


6. I should have gotten gift cards for everyone for Christmas. I think I might spend as much on the shipping as I spent on the gifts. I'll plan better next year.

7. Today when I filled out my vacation request for a trip to Central America in February, my boss looked at me, and said, half-joking, 'another vacation?!?!' I quickly responsed by saying, 'I'm living the dream, Joe Ann.' She couldn't really argue with that logic. The vacation request is already turned in to Human Resource!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Meggie-

If the whole social worker thing doesn't work out I honestly think that adult footed PJ are a great idea.

I am thankful for you and your friendship. I feel honored to know you.

amydear said...

I'm glad you're livin' the dream. Someone's got to! I'm glad to be your friend, too, but I need to see you. Will 2011 be the year??