Thursday, October 7, 2010

SO SORRY

Tonight I realized that I've gotten into the habit of apologizing to bugs before I kill them. I don't know why I do it or even when it started, but I think it stems from a guy that I dated once who insisted that bugs have families. So now each time I have to squash one I find myself saying ' I'm sorry!' I still feel grossed out when I grab them with the toilet paper, and it makes me squeemish when I flush them down the toilet, but at least they know I'm sorry. I feel like I've done my part.

As a sidenote, yes, I DO realize how ridiculous it sounds....

3 comments:

JonJon said...

You could always scoop the little critters up in your hands and take them outside to freedome. :)

Megann said...

That won't work, Jon. It would mean I have to touch them. I feel sorry for them, but I certainly don't like them...at all ;)

Anonymous said...

I feel the same, Meggs. And I apologize too, but usually it's AFTER I've already killed them. I canNOT pick them up with toilet paper, and I refuse to step on them unless there's no other option. I don't like the idea of them breaking all to pieces under my foot. I usually use Raid bug spray or something if I can. But I have been known to take the little critters outside on occassion. Even spiders sometimes. Just not hobos. :)