Tuesday, May 4, 2010

FOR EVERYONE

Yesterday I was in the home of one of the families I visit and I saw this large picture of Christ on their wall. I knew they were Catholic, so I asked the husband where they got it from. He said that his daughter gave it to him and when I asked if she was Mormon, he said 'NO,' and looked sort of embarrased. I explained that I, myself, am Mormon and that you see this particular picture a lot in the churches and on the walls.

'Oh,' he said, ' so this is the picture of the Mormon Christ?' His question sort of surprised me so I just smiled and said 'No. It's just a picture of Christ. He's the same Christ for everyone.' He grabbed my hand to shake it and said 'he IS the same Christ for everyone.' What a sweet little experience to help me remember something that is so simple, yet so fundamentally important to everyone. I am so grateful for a Savior that was, and is, here for every single one of us.

No comments: