Friday, March 12, 2010

ANNUAL TRIPS

Every February me and Larcha head to San Diego for a little getaway from our lives. Last year it was a massage weekend and this year was an Old Town and SEA WORLD weekend. You can't have a girls weekend without LOADS OF junk food and girl movies!!The park was practically EMPTY so me and Larch were able to go to all of the exhibits, stand in the same spot and take as many pictures as we wanted without worrying about cutting in on others, and never have to wait in a line!!
I really liked the Polar Bears and the fact that they looked so cute when they were all spread out and just soaking in the sun.
So this is how Charla reacted when she was walking through a polar cave and there was a bear 'roar' from the speaker. This was not a re-enactment!
Even though I've been here before, it's still fun to see the different animals - we watched the sea lions for a while
Pretty much I've decided that penguins are AWESOME! They were suprisingly entertaining to watch!This little guy struggled for a while to make it up the wall. He had an entire audience on the other side of the glass cheering him on!
Charla bought a churro and a killer whale pretzel. About 2 bites into her churro there was a swoosh from behind and a nasty sea gull came and took it OUT OF HER HAND!! I screamed like a little girl and she was confused..and then sad....and then annoyed. It was really good churro!
I love this picture. If only I was better with photoshop I'd find a way to get rid of the girl's head that this dolphin obviously considering eating....
This was Charla's favorite exhibit. The rays were slimy and hard, but it was just cool to play with them. They would come in swarms for you to pet them.
Oh fake Shamu! Why did your friend in Florida have to kill that trainer, making it impossible for me to see your show?!
I was admittedly disappointed when I found out the shows were still cancelled. That is one of my favorite Sea World memories from years ago. Sigh. Maybe another year.....

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Good pictures Megann, looks like fun!

Unknown said...

I love SeaWorld so much! Don't tell anyone but I think it was more entertaining than Disneyland. Remember the tunnel of sharks? That's my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I'm still mad at that dumb seagull. You should have posted the picture showing the big bulge that was my churro in the side of the seagull's neck. I hope he choked on it. Ok, not really, cuz that would be mean. But maybe if he got just a little bit of a tummy ache, that would learn him! Thanks for the fun memories!!