Sunday, November 29, 2009

DUMB DOG

I don't know what to do about Jack. I spent over 200 dollars on this dumb dog door, and every time he needs to use the bathroom he will go stand by it and whimper until someone opens it for him. I decided one day that I would be as defiant as he was, and just ignored him, but he peed on the floor instead (that was not a good day). When he was outside I decided I would leave him out there until he came in on his own. He barked and whined for almost an hour, which isn't fair to my neighbors, so that was the end of that. I've done everything anyone has told me. Treats. Pushing him back and forth through it. Getting unrealistically excited when he went through on his own. This dog is just stubborn. I think he's scared of the loud noise the magnets make, and the fact that he can't see through to the other side. Still, there is only so much I can take. I guess I'm going to have to leave him in a field.........

2 comments:

Liesel said...

Do you know the song "Dumb Dog" from "Annie"? It's one of the favorite songs at our house, both because we love "Annie" and because we have a dumb dog. :) Anyways, despite being dumb and extraordinarly scared of EVERYTHING, Max learned to use a doggy door pretty well by following another dog. We took him to my mom's and he followed her basset in and out, in and out. I think Champ was just trying to get rid of him, but it didn't work. By the time we left we got ourselves a doggy door.

amydear said...

But JTD is so cute you'll forgive him, right?