Monday, August 10, 2009

LIFE'S TYPHOONS

I'm sure most of you have seen some of these images on the internet or news. There was a typhoon that hit the southern coast of Taiwan this weekend and there are still hundreds missing from the mudslides it created and the flooding that came with it. I lived in Taiwan six years ago and have such a special place in my heart for the Taiwanese people, and especially the children we taught.
When I see things like this, and know that it is directly affecting those I have known and care about, it makes me trust in the fact that we have a Heavenly Father who is aware of each of us, and tragedies like this that make no sense to us are part of the experiences he requires that we go through. I write this as I am sitting safely in an office and out of harms way, but I would hope that when my own personal "typhoon" arrives that I would be able to feel that peace that comes from the gospel - and that creates a sense of hope during a time of despair.

No comments: