Wednesday, July 1, 2009

32 IN 32

The other day at work my Administrator was talking about how great it is to get older. She got her pilot's license at the age of 60 and is a true example of living life to its fullest. Each year should get better and better. It's another year of experiences, another year of wisdom, and another year of learning and growing. Our chat was inspiring and it made me think about how bitter sweet this last year was for me. It had its share of ups and downs, but I'm grateful for those lessons learned and I've come to the conclusion that this year is going to be PHENOMENAL. As part of my positive approach to a better year I've made a list of 32 goals I want to accomplish while I'm 32. If any of you have these same goals let me know and I would be more than happy to check them off with you! Here's to looking forward to something great......

1. Learn 5 new songs on my guitar
2. Participate in a sprint triathlon
3. Purchase a home
4. Finish my mission scrapbook
5. Start my food storage
6. Ride a tandem bike
7. Make a quilt
8. Read scriptures every day - no excuses!!!
9. Learn to cook a new dish and host a dinner every other month
10. Exercise at least 3 times a week
11. Go on a hot air balloon ride
12. Organize, clean out, and replace make-up
13. Buy a nice camera
14. Go golfing on an actual golf course
15. Send a hand written letter to my nieces and nephews every month
16. Get married in the temple
17. Complete all assessments at work before leaving for the weekend
18. Save at least 250 dollars a month
19. Go sea kayaking
20. Get a barbecue grill
21. Go to Disneyland
22. Get my cavities filled
23. Become a volunteer at Child Haven
24. Go snow shoeing
25. Take a cooking class
26. Get back into a size 8
27. Go white water rafting
28. Visit Death Valley
29. Teach Jack the Dog to roll over
30. Go to the temple at least once a month
31. Visit my grandparents, parents, and siblings at least once
32. Go on 32 dates while I'm 32-years-old

7 comments:

Binks said...

So, my birthday is Saturday, and I've actually been dreading it this year. I'd forget about it if I could, but it's a little hard to do with fireworks being sold everywhere. Thank you for this post, I've decided to take a more positive approach to getting older and make my own list, although, admittedly, I may steal a couple items off of yours. I like #16 and have that goal too...doubting it will happen this year, but I hope you get to check it off! I started a quilt in May, so hopefully I'll finish it this year :-) If you're looking for company on 19,21, or 27, look me up, I'd love to join... and have fun with 22... I did that earlier this year when I got my braces off (yeah, braces at my age, too)...it wasn't my favorite.

Thanks again for your post. Hope all is well with you. Hugs!

~JulieAnn Rosenthal

Wendy said...

Good luck with your list! We've talked about going to Vegas. If we do end up coming sometime maybe we'll let you babysit. :)

Heidi said...

I'm totally dreading turning 32. I can't pull off the "twenty-something" look anymore. I love your list. You're right, 32 IS going to be phenomenal! I just wish I could do the 32 dates while I'm 32. I'll be lucky if I get to 20.

Zach said...

Happy Birthday, I could help with # 14 if you find yourself in Colorado any time. Hope your year is great and filled with many more extraordinary experience's on top of your 32.

Aunt Caryl said...

You are an inspiration Megann. I think I will start a list too! Great idea!

Liesel said...

Those are some pretty great goals. What I love is you put them out there for everyone to see. It makes you more accountable. I was about to do a post about a weightlost goal onetime and never posted it, because I didn't want everyone else to see if I didn't make it. Good luck checking them all off!

Stephanie said...

OK I'll TOTALLY do the sprint Tri with you!!!! I also want to do one!!! I'll do some research and you do some and really lets do it!!!

I need to make my list but the sad part is I'll be a SAD 36~~~~~~!!!!!! : ( getting old kinda sucks!