Friday, June 19, 2009

I GAVE IN

Well, I did it! I'm the first to acknowledge that saving for a home and purchasing the upgraded Kindle is maybe not the greatest combination, but I'm so excited about this little wonder that I'm finding all sorts of ways to justify my choice. It's not released until June 28th and should be arriving July 2nd, but here is what I have to look forward to :

1. It holds up to 3500 books, magazines, documents, etc.
2. It is thinner than most magazines
3. You can rotate the screen from portrait to landscape when you turn it
4. It has a text to speech feature that allows the book to be read out loud so it's like a portable book on CD
5. I can download the standard works for 4 dollars and 'Jesus The Christ' for 80 cents, and that's just the beginning - there are over 285,000 books to choose from
6. You can upload music onto it from your computer to listen to while you read
7. You can download people's blogs for free
8. Built in encyclopedia: If you aren't sure what a word is or need more information you just click on the word and it looks it up for you
9. Wireless Wikopedia so you can find information on anything you want, any time you want, and for no additional cost
10. You can take notes on what you're reading and go back to the exact spot that you were at before

Pretty much the Kindle DX is going to change my life one book at a time. I can't wait until July 2nd!!!!

4 comments:

Caryl said...

Wow, I want one!! Hoping your house deal goes through too! Luvya, Aunt Caryl

Heidi said...

That sounds awesome. Christmas is coming so maybe I'll check into one.

Unknown said...

But what if you want to read in the rain or underwater?

Well I guess that is what storage ziplocs are for.

Megann said...

I purchased a waterproof, protective cover. I'm totally covered for my underwater urges....