Sunday, June 14, 2009

SWEET DISNEY

I went this weekend with my sister and roommate to go and see Disney's new movie, "Up." I've always appreciated the creativity of Disney, but was surprised at how tender this film was. Within the first twenty minutes the theater was filled with muffled sniffles and people awkwardly wiping away tears. The characters and story line remind us of the power of human decency and the blessings that come from blessing others, which is sometimes hard to find when you go to movies these days. Well done, Disney!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

LOVED this movie! It was the first movie that William sat through the whole time(yay!) I had to totally hide my face with the popcorn bag to wipe the tears. I'm such a sap!

Unknown said...

I loved this movie. I always marvel at how Pixar can evoke such emotion from a cartoon.

Just between you and I started bawling during Wall-E. I usually have to go to these movies alone just in case I start weeping and curl into the fetal position.

Stephanie said...

I lOVED this movie too!! the best part so did my kids!! I agree---way to go Disney! Not only did I cry at the beginning but I also cried all the way home!! : )