Friday, October 3, 2008

REASONAL, SEASONAL, ETERNAL


Today i had that day. The day where you just want to go to bed and not have to wake up and deal with what you're feeling ever again. They don't happen very often but when they do, they're rough. So when I came home from a very long day at work I got a text message from Karissa (girl in white) giving some words of encouragement. As I was responding to her text I received a phone call from Wayne (guy in black on right) just to see what was going on. After talking for a bit and becoming somewhat emotional he had a friend show up that he needed to talk with, so we said goodbye. Not even a minute had passed and Shane (guy in black on left) called, saying that Wayne had called him and let him know that he had to end our conversation, but that I could still use someone to talk to. Thank you for the thoughtful gesture, Wayne! I needed nothing more at that moment than to be able to talk to someone that I know cares about me and wants me to be happy. Shane put it best when he ended the conversation by saying that there are different kinds of friends - reasonal, seasonal, and eternal, and that all of us would always be eternal friends. I feel lucky to have those kind of people surrounding me. Not only the ones in the picture, but the ones who are constantly there as my advocate and support system (I'd like to put a shout out for Larcha). They say that everything is better in the morning, but sometimes everything is better that same day when the right people are in your life!

3 comments:

The Dean Family said...

megann! so fun you started a blog! i didn't know!! nice to see the picture below of your family..this will be a fun way to keep in touch..take care!!

Heidi said...

Friends are the BEST! So, does that make me a "BLOG-nal" friend? Here's hoping you get out of bed soon.

Need an escape? The fabulous city of Portsmouth awaits!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Meggs! It's days like the one you had that make me wish we lived closer to each other or were roommates again. Maybe someday!! I'm so glad you have good friends down there that you can rely on. Thank them for me. Luvyerguts! Larcha