Friday, December 17, 2010

BUCKET LIST CONCERT

I remember the first time I heard Andrea Bocelli singing. It was September of 1998 and my mission companion and I had walked back into our pension after a long day. He was performing in Santiago, Chile, and the family we lived with was listening to him. I immediately made the decision that one day I would see him perform. I was smitten with his voice!

So 11 years later, it finally happened! Hooray!!! My friend, Joy, and I went to the MGM Grand Garden Arena on December 11th and listened to 2 1/2 hours of Christmas songs, opera, and classical favorites. It was incredible and I found myself becoming emotional when he performed Nessum Dorma. I have always loved Christmas, but put it together with Andrea Bocelli and it creates the BEST holiday season ever!!!

2 comments:

Liesel said...

I can see why you got emotional actually being there. I have the chills just reading your description. Good for you crossing one off your bucket list.

JonJon said...

I think the first time I heard Andrea Bocelli was on my mission too. And it would have been in 1998. Weird.