Saturday, October 30, 2010

COLOR CODE TEST


I was home sick today and taking it easy, so I decided to take a color code test for fun. It determined that I have a 'white' personality. Here's what it said about how white personalities are....I've inserted my own thoughts on it:

'Whites are motivated by peace. Whites will do almost anything to avoid confrontation. They like to flow through life without hassle or discomfort. Feeling good is even more important to them than being good. (I'm more of a 'be good' person).

Whites need kindness. While Whites respond beautifully to thoughtfulness and amiability, they have a strong, silent stubbornness that surfaces when they are treated unkindly. They resent being scolded. They dislike harsh words. They open up instantly to people who are kind, but Whites recoil form those who are hostile. They are motivated by kindness - and cannot understand why other people are unkind. Whites like to keep a low profile. Whites enjoy their quiet independence. What appears to some people as quiet desperation can show itself to be bullheadedness. Those who misinterpret the peace-loving nature of a White as an invitation to be demanding and bossy will soon meet a wall of passive resistance. (Ha,ha! So true!!)

Whites are tougher than people think. Whites like to be asked their opinions. They won't volunteer them (This isn't necessarily true about me - I'm more than happy to volunteer my opinion). They value the respect of others, but they rarely go out of their way to seek it. They need to be coaxed to talk about their skill, hobbies and interests. Whites are independent. Unlike Reds, who want to control others, Whites seek only to avoid being controlled. They simply refuse to be under another's thumb, especially when treated without the respect they feel they deserve. Whites want to do things their way, in their own time. They do not ask much of others, and resent it when others demand things from them. They often comply with unreasonable demands - just to keep peace. They will only express their anger and frustration when they can no longer stand being bossed around.

Whites do not like to be pushed, and they can be fearsome when they finally "blow up". (Yep!) Whites are motivated by other people's desires. Whites are open to the recommendations of others on ways to resolve any and all situations. White executives value new management ideas from employees. White children welcome help - they are eager students. Whites make agreeable dates. They are interested in making sure the other person has a good time, and are willing to do whatever the other person wants. (This is annoyingly true!) Whites, however, want suggestions - not demands.'

The color code results were surprisingly accurate, with some exceptions. What color are all of you?!

2 comments:

Liesel said...

This has been a popoular test with my extended family. My aunt almost became an instructor that gave seminars on how to get along between colors. Anyway, I'm white too, with a very close second at blue. But as I was re-reading the description I couldn't believe how true it rang. Maybe I need to share it with new people in my life.

Unknown said...

I usually am split down the middle between blue and white.
I am not sure how I feel about it. I wish I was more of a red sometimes so I could take control and not fell bad about it when people start crying.