Saturday, September 4, 2010

QUIETLY WISHING

I have always been secretly envious of creative people. People that can knit scarves and 'throw together' a meal from scratch. A goal that I've had for YEARS is to be able to make a homemade quilt. I picture a fun, bright one, with lots of exciting patterns and designs. On my quest to be able to accomplish this, I practiced my skills at the LDS distribution center some time ago. After proudly displaying the work I had done the darling sister missionary patted me on the arm and quietly said 'it's okay. We'll fix it later.' Sigh........

One day, I'll defeat you, quilt (I shout into the night with my fist waving into the air). One day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What about a good ol' fashion denim quilt. Those are fun and oh so durable. Maybe you can help the Laurels do that for one of their projects.

Misty said...

Oh Megann... this made me laugh out loud. For reals! You are one funny girl!

JonJon said...

Look whose blog I found. Looks like I can now stalk you on Facebook AND on blogger.

PS, this is Jon Hastings, no need to get creeped out. Or maybe there is need...