Saturday, May 15, 2010

AND I'M BACK

For those of you wondering about how today went...the picture says it all. Ha, ha! I won't spend time going into detail. It wasn't horrible - it just was a one time meeting for lunch with someone who seems pretty great, but maybe wasn't great for me.

So I came home a little disappointed but a couple hours later I received a text message from my dear friend, Charla, who lives up in Salt Lake City. She had just come back from a walk with her dog, Sophie, and was sending a random text about how much she was enjoying the change in the weather. She said to me: For as much as I hate being cold and winter being long, I don't think I'd enjoy the first long evenings of late spring without winter.

She didn't know that I had gone on this date today, and was referring to her literal experience with the evening temperature, but as I read that it struck me how similar that is to my situation. I feel like I'm having a long, cold winter. A very long one...and I'm really tired of being stuck in this season. It's been frustrating and confusing, and at times seemingly painful to deal with. However, one day I know that Spring is going to come and I know that I'll appreciate it that much more because of what it represents.

So I'm going to hang in there, and try to stay positive, and know that there is a reason for everything and that I have a Heavenly Father who is more aware of me than I am of myself. I have so many things to be thankful for right now, and I'm going to let myself be happy because of that....and the lasagna I ordered really WAS pretty good!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

OH NO!!!! I'm so sorry!!!! Totally cliché but, when one door closes another opens!!! And when he's found i can only imagine how WONDERFUL he will be!! and he will be so blessed by you!!!!

Wendy said...

Sorry it didn't work out. My brother met his wife on lds planet I think...