Friday, March 19, 2010

CBT

Yesterday I went to a conference on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I won't go into the details of it (for those of you who don't get excited like me about things like this), but I will say that everyone would benefit from understanding it. It basically teaches that when we become aware of a situation in our life that our thoughts regarding the situation leads to our emotions, which can lead to our actions. Pretty simple. If something horrible happens, we can't control what has happened, but we can control our attitudes towards it. Duh. It's easy to get, but when in a crisis people are so wrapped up in their emotions that they miss it. I love that I had an 'aha' moment yesterday when listening to the speaker, and I love that it's something I can implement in my own life, with my own experiences. Thanks, Dr. Punni, for sharing your insights.....

1 comment:

J. said...

I love this kind of stuff!! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for sharing:)