Tuesday, December 15, 2009

GOT THIS CHECK

Today I made my first mortgage payment. I know I'm sort of a nerd about it, but I love having bills that you can watch decrease over the course of time. Not so much credit cards, that have the tendency to go the opposite direction, but things like cars and houses. There's nothing quite as satisfying as sending in that 'last payment' and knowing that something is actually yours. To me it feels like progress, and in a life full of monotonous moments, progress is a good thing. Bring on the bills!!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I am the same way. I love receiving my bills each month so I can pay them and cross it off for the month. I just made the last of my student loan payments last month. Boy that felt good. Of course we also just started paying Andy's. Oh well. :)

Karissa said...

Congrats! And your hair looks so good in this picture! I like the cut/color!

I miss you......

amydear said...

Yeah, and then 16 months later, when your total amount doesn't seem smaller at all, it's not quite as fun to pay the mortgage. Sigh.