Thursday, September 10, 2009

LITTLE REASONS TO BE HAPPY

I'm not sure why, but lately I've been acutely aware of simple, little things that make me really happy on a daily basis. Here are some examples:Summer is officially over.....at least in my office!! I took some fall garland that my mom gave me last week and covered one of my work desks in leaves, and then took the rest of them and spread them throughout a big leafy tree that i have in the corner of my office. It's my very own fall festivus.
Jack does this random thing where he will lay on his back in my arms and wrap his two front paws as tight as he can around my hand and arm. I think he's just making sure that he doesn't fall, but it's so stinking cute that I'll sometimes roll him onto his back on purpose, just so he'll do it. I'm in packing mode right now, and as I've been going through things I've had so much fun finding random items that I forgot I had. Yesterday I was putting some books away and I found a rock that I had picked up when I was in Europe a couple of years ago. A friend had asked me to bring him a rock back from the Alps, so I grabbed one for myself. As I was holding it I was immediately reminded of the day we were walking through this little forest in Austria, enjoying the scenery and really happy that we were there instead of at work!

I found this new citrus coconut hand soap that smells delicious! I look forward to having excuses to wash my hands just so I can enjoy the lingering smell!

I've wanted to see this musical for a while, so imagine how happy I was when my friend got an email with discounted airline tickets, and said that he wanted to go to San Francisco for a weekend getaway. Hooray! Not only that, but he was kind enough to be willing to dish out a little extra money since the cheap theatre tickets were already sold out. What a trooper!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

LITTLE reasons?! I'd say going to see Wicked is a HUGE reason to be happy. Oh, and the decorating for Fall also puts a big smile on my face.