Tuesday, July 21, 2009

REGRETS AND NON-REGRETS

Some things I have realized I regret:
1. Not keeping up on my exercise routine when I was in really good shape
2. Not having saved more money when I first moved to Vegas
3. Not going to Cambodia and Hong Kong with everyone else when we were on our Asian Christmas Vacation
4. Not responding to my little brother yelling out for help upstairs when I was working on a research paper in Junior High
5. Holding on too tightly to relationships that needed to be let go of
6. Being too quick to give my opinion when it wasn't necessary to give it
7. All of the crap I buy from infommercials on TV late at night
8. Cutting my hair too short
9. Not looking into the Peace Corps more seriously when I was younger
10. Not buying a scooter when I lived in Taiwan

Some things I have realized I don't regret:
1. Trading my Civic in for a CR-V
2. Jack the Dog
3. Spending money on vacations to other states, countries, etc
4. Eating spaghetti for weeks straight in college because I couldn't afford anything else and wanted to prove to myself I could get through on my own
5. Being honest with others, which forced me to be honest with myself
6. Taking time off of college to go on a mission
7. Holding off and not buying a home 2 years ago when I started looking and everyone was telling me I was going to miss out on an investment opportunity
8. Still being single until the right person comes along
9. Coming out of the mall with a diamond ring instead of that swimsuit I was going to buy
10. The choices I have made along the way - they have led to even bigger and better blessings than I could have anticipated for myself

4 comments:

Karissa said...

This made me smile. Love you Megs! :-)

amydear said...

This is a great post! What did your little brother need help with? How big is your diamond ring? I love that you live life to the fullest and that you have big adventures.

Charlotte said...

Iwant to know what your brother needed help with?

The Dean Family said...

ok megann i was DYING laughing at that picture of your dad and jack!!! OMG so funny!!! good luck with the house hunting over there..i don't even want to know how cheap things are going for...sickening...just down right sickening!!