Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ON YOUR MARK, GET SET.......GO TO BED?

I am not a pleasant person when I'm sick after so long, and I'll be the first to admit it. I try so hard to remain positive, but after a while I find myself complaining about how sick I am of being sick. When I came back from Christmas with a cold I just took my zycam and faced it with a smile. Pretty soon it turned into Nyquil, then Musinex, and then a visit to the doctor and Amoxicillin with some decongestant. That was a wrap. No more smile on this face! It isn't just that I feel like crap that frustrates me. It's that I had gotten myself so excited about starting my training for my triathalon in May, and I even researched and made a calendar that I printed off and hung on my fridge so I would know my schedule for running, biking, and swimming. Now, 13 days later, it is still just hanging there! Curse you, sinus infection!!! As I crawl to the finish line come May, half dead and exhausted, I'll only have you to blame - not the package of cheetos and box of reeses peanut butter hearts I've justified enhaling secondary to my "need for comfort food" when not feeling well.......sigh........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bless you sweet sister! I hope you are feeling better soon because you don't want to be unprepared for the Tri.

And let's be honest you need those calories to train. Eveytime I eat something bad I always say, "Hey I am training for a freakin' tri I need some calories to burn".